We process your personal information to run our business and provide our users with the Services. By accepting our Terms Of Service (and in some jurisdictions, by acknowledging this policy), you confirm that you have read and understand this policy, including how and why we use your information. If you don’t want us to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this policy, you shouldn’t use the Services. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies or practices of any of our members, websites hosted through Pattern by hozzify.com, or third-party websites.
hozzify.com’s Terms of Service require all account owners to be at least 18 years of age. Minors under 18 years of age and at least 13 years of age are permitted to use hozzify.com’s Services only if they have permission and direct supervision by the owner of the account. Children under age 13 are not permitted to use the Services. You are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by a minor on your account.
By using the Services, you acknowledge that hozzify.com will use your information in the United States, and any other country where hozzify.com operates. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. We will transfer personal information only to those countries to which we are permitted by law to transfer personal information as more fully described in the “Transfers” Section of this policy.
- What does this Privacy Notice cover?
Our Privacy Notice applies to the collection and processing of personal information by Hozzify. and our subsidiaries and affiliated companies acting on our behalf (collectively “Hozzify” or “we”, “us”, or “our”). This Privacy Notice applies only to personal information collected about you as a consumer through the Hozzify network of websites (for example, hozzify.com), as well as features, services, events, and communications provided by Hozzify where this Privacy Notice is posted (“Services”).
Our international affiliates and third-party websites or apps that our Services link to, or with whom we may have a presence, or with whom we may license use of our trademarks and copyrights, may collect and use personal information for their own purposes. Where they do so, their respective privacy notices apply. Please review the respective terms and privacy notices of these entities to learn how they process your personal information.
- What personal information is collected about you?
We don’t require personal information to use many of our Services. If you choose not to disclose personal information, however, you will not be able to enjoy certain features of our Services.
Information you provide to us
The types of personal information we collect directly from you include, for example:
- Contact information: such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and non-Hozzify account IDs.
- Content and files: data and content you share or upload, such as photos (including any metadata included in your photos and content).
- Payment information: for example, credit card numbers or financial account information if you purchase a product or service from us or claim a refund
- Demographic information: information about you tied to your personal information, such as your age and/or date of birth, gender, country/region of residence, hobbies, and toy and game preferences.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you use our Services. For example:
- Identifiers and device information: such as your device type, operating system type, browser type, device ID, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and other software including type, version, language, settings, and configuration. Our website and online services store and retrieve data using cookies set on your device.
- Usage data: such as what website you were on that brought you to our website, when you used our Services and for how long, what pages and content you accessed, and features you used on our Services.
- Geolocation data: with your consent, the Services may access precise geolocation data on your mobile device to enable features and deliver content based on your current location.
Information we create or generate
We derive other information from the other data we collect about you, and we may combine this with other personal information to generate information about your likely preferences or other characteristics (“inferences”). For example, we infer your general location from your IP address.
Information we obtain from third-party sources
In limited circumstances, we also obtain information from third parties. We protect information obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information. These third-party sources include, for example:
- Service Providers: third parties may collect any of the categories of personal information described above to provide services on our behalf, including to help us determine your device’s general location based on its IP address to customize certain products to your location, provide you a more convenient experience, and provide additional security measures to protect our Services; and
- Social Networks: where the information, including your name, user name, and content you post, is publicly available to us, we may use such data for purposes such as measuring public reaction to the Services and to Hozzify.
You can choose to import your contacts from your mobile device or personal email address book, or a social network account to hozzify.com. We do not retain the login information for your email service, mobile device, or social network site. You can search for people you know by email address or phone number on the Site or through the contact information you import. Finding your friends on hozzify.com helps you connect with them on our platform. For example, you can follow another member’s public activity, such as public Favorites. When you begin following another member’s activity, they will receive an email notification (if the member has consented to receiving this type of email).
If you do not want your contacts to be able to find you on hozzify.com through your email address, phone number, or social networking connections, then you can change your findability through your account settings. If you do not wish to be located on hozzify.com via your name, you can remove your name and instead may use a nickname or alias as your name in your public account information.
Messages from hozzify.com
On occasion, hozzify.com will need to contact you. Primarily, these messages are delivered by email, hozzify.com Messages, or by push notifications for a variety of reasons, including marketing, transactions, and service update purposes. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you can disable them at device level. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications via email or Messages in your account settings or by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive. To ensure you properly receive notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device, such as operating system and user identification information. Every account is required to keep a valid email address on file to receive messages. hozzify.com may also contact you by telephone to provide member support or for transaction-related purposes if you request that we call you. Additionally, and with your consent where required by applicable law, hozzify.com may send you an SMS (or similar) message, or reach out to you by telephone, in order to provide you with customer support, for research or feedback, or to provide you with information about products and features that you may find of interest. You can update your contact preferences in your account settings.
Some messages from hozzify.com are service-related and necessary for members and Guest Checkout users. You understand and agree that hozzify.com can send you non-marketing emails, hozzify.com Messages, or messages, such as those related to transactions, your account, security, or product changes. Examples of service-related messages include an email address confirmation/welcome email when you register your account, notification of an order, service availability, modification of key features or functions, relaying Messages with buyers, and correspondence with hozzify.com’s Support team (including by chat interface or the other methods of communication as described above).
When you register for an account, subscribe to a newsletter, or provide us with your email address or phone number such as for a Guest Checkout purchase, you receive notice of and agree (in some jurisdictions and situations, by an additional unambiguous consent) to receive marketing emails and messages from us. You can unsubscribe at any time from marketing emails or messages through the opt-out link included in marketing emails or messages. Members can also control which marketing emails or messages they receive from hozzify.com through their account settings. Please note that some changes to your account settings may take a few days to take effect.
A contact-importer feature is available to help you locate and connect with your friends and contacts who may be members of hozzify.com (see the “Findability” section above for more information). If someone in your contact list is not already a member, you may invite them to join hozzify.com, and an email will be sent to them on your behalf. Recipients of email invitations may opt out of receiving future invitations by following instructions in the email invitation message. You may send an invitation only to someone who has given you consent to receive one.
hozzify.com is a marketplace and a community. We offer several features that allow members to connect and communicate in public or semi-public spaces, such as Forums and Teams, which are a part of the hozzify.com Community space. You don’t have to use these features, but if you do, please use common sense and good judgment when posting in these community spaces or sharing your personal information with others through the Services. Be aware that any personal information that you choose to submit there can be read, collected, or used by others, or could be used to send unsolicited messages to you. We engage certain third parties to assist in providing community services to you and, in the context of that relationship, we need to share some of your information with such third parties in order to provide that service. This may include, for example, information from your hozzify.com account that is publicly available, your account’s status, your forum posts and Team memberships, your hozzify.com username and/or shop name, the display name you’ve optionally chosen to share publicly in your hozzify.com account, avatar image, the date that you registered on hozzify.com, as well as your language and regional settings on the Site. hozzify.com generally does not remove content from community spaces, and your posts may remain public after your account is closed, although your name will no longer be displayed alongside the post. You are responsible for the personal information that you choose to post in community spaces through the Services. You can set your privacy preferences and download your data in your Community Settings, and close or delete your Community account by submitting a request to hozzify.com.
Another member may follow your public activity on the Site to receive updates, such as when you add an item to your public Wishlist. You may choose to make certain activities private through your account settings. You have the option to block any member with whom you do not wish to share your updates.
Our Legitimate Interests
Where we process your information on the basis of legitimate interests, we do so as follows:
Providing and Improving our Services: We use your information to improve and customize our Services, including sharing your information for such purposes, and we do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of improving our Services for our users. This is also necessary to enable us to pursue our legitimate interests in understanding how our Services are being used, and to explore and unlock ways to develop and grow our business. It is also necessary to allow us to pursue our legitimate interests in improving our Services, efficiency, interest in Services for users, and obtaining insights into usage patterns of our Services. As a core part of our Services, we have a legitimate interest in customizing your on-site experience to help you search for and discover relevant items and recommended purchases, including using this information to help sellers find the best ways to market and sell their products on hozzify.com.
Providing Marketing Communications: We rely on our legitimate interest to send you marketing messages (where permitted independent of consent) and for hozzify.com’s advertising programs (including hozzify.com’s on-site advertising and marketing).
Keeping our Services Safe and Secure: We use your information for safety and security purposes, which can include sharing your information for such purposes, and we do so because it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests or those of a third party in ensuring the security of our Services, preventing harm to individuals or property, or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage to hozzify.com’s systems, or those of our users or our partners. This includes enhancing protection of our community against spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime, and security risks of all kinds. We use your information to provide and improve the Services, for billing and payments, for identification and authentication, and for general research and aggregate reporting.
Buying and Selling: As part of the buying and selling process, hozzify.com will facilitate the sharing of information between the two members involved in the transaction, such as the other hozzify.com member’s shipping address and payment status. This can also involve us sharing your information with some of our third party partners such as our shipping and payment partners to enable us to provide the Service to you. Such partners will process your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. In some instances, while they are subject to hozzify.com’s privacy and security requirements for vendors, these partners, not hozzify.com, are responsible for the protection of personal information under their control. By making a sale or a purchase on hozzify.com, you are directing us to share your information in this way. Since this is an important part of the Services we provide, we need to do this in order to perform our obligations under our Terms of Service. We expect you to respect the privacy of the member whose information you have received. As described in hozzify.com’s Terms of Service, you have a limited license to use that information only for hozzify.com-related communications or for hozzify.com-facilitated transactions. hozzify.com has not granted a license to you to use the information for unauthorized transactions or sending unsolicited commercial messages in violation of any applicable laws, including any consent requirements of the jurisdiction of the recipient. You should only add a member to your email or physical mailing list or otherwise use or store a member’s personal information in accordance with applicable laws, including any consent requirements that apply in that member’s jurisdiction.
Site Customization: We may learn about the types of products that you’re interested in from your browsing and purchasing behavior on (and off) the Site and use such information to suggest potential purchases as a result. As a core part of our Services, we have a legitimate interest in customizing your on-site experience to help you search for and discover relevant items and recommended purchases, including using this information to help sellers find the best ways to market and sell their products on hozzify.com.
Legal and Safety: hozzify.com may also retain, preserve, or release your personal information to a third party in the following limited circumstances: in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet legitimate national security or law enforcement requirements; to protect, establish, or exercise our legal rights or defend against impending or asserted legal claims, including to collect a debt, or a material violation of our policies (including our Intellectual Property Policy); to comply with a subpoena, court order, legal process, or other legal requirement; or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, threats to our rights or property, or violations of hozzify.com’s Terms of Service. In these cases, our use of your information may be necessary for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping our Services secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage. Such use may also be necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. It may also be necessary in the public interest (such as to prevent crime) or to protect vital interests (in rare cases where we may need to share information to prevent loss of life or personal injury).
Affiliated Businesses: hozzify.com is affiliated with a variety of businesses and works closely with them for a variety of purposes, including assisting us to perform and improve the Services. These businesses may sell items or services to you through the Services or, with your consent, offer promotions (including email promotions) to you. hozzify.com also provides services or sells products jointly with affiliated businesses, including providing you with the opportunity to sign up with such partners and allow them to more effectively market to you. When an affiliated business assists in facilitating your transaction, we may need to share information related to the transaction with that affiliated business in order to facilitate your transaction, and this forms part of the Services we provide in accordance with our Terms of Service. We rely on consent (which can be withdrawn at any time) to send marketing messages and for third-party sharing relating to advertising.
Aggregated Information: hozzify.com may share demographic information with business partners, but it will be aggregated and de-personalized so that personal information is not revealed.
Service Providers: hozzify.com also needs to engage third-party companies and individuals (such as research companies, and analytics and security providers) to help us operate, provide, and market the Services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are obligated to hozzify.com not to disclose or use your information for other purposes. Our engagement of service providers is often necessary for us to provide the Services to you, particularly where such companies play important roles like helping us keep our Service operating and secure. In some other cases, these service providers aren’t strictly necessary for us to provide the Services, but help us make it better, like by helping us conduct research into how we could better serve our users. In these latter cases, we have a legitimate interest in working with service providers to make our Services better.
Your account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully and by keeping your password and computer secure, such as by signing out after using the Services. hozzify.com offers advanced security features and settings for members, such as two-factor authentication for signing in, and sign in history and notifications; you can view more information in your account settings.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected]
hozzify.com will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, for as long as your account is active (i.e., for the lifetime of your hozzify.com member account), or as needed to provide the Services to you. If you no longer want hozzify.com to use your information to provide the Services to you, you may close your account. hozzify.com will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws), resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as otherwise described in this policy. In addition, hozzify.com sellers may also be required to retain and use your information in order to comply with their own legal obligations. Please note that closing your account may not free up your email address, username, or shop name (if any) for reuse on a new account. We also retain log files for internal analysis purposes. These log files are generally retained for a brief period of time, except in cases where they are used for site safety and security, to improve site functionality, or we are legally obligated to retain them for longer time periods.
Cookies and Tracking
Our websites use a variety of technical methods for collecting and tracking device information and usage data, including web beacons, cookies, local storage, and device IDs.
- How is your personal information used?
We use your personal information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests in performing our contract with you, or based on consent where we have requested it or where required by law, and for our legitimate business objectives, including for the following business purposes:
- Business Operations: to provide you with and operate, maintain, optimize, and improve our products, services, operations, and the security of our Services, including to perform operational tasks such as billing, accounting, communicating, and fulfilling your transactions for products and
- Product and Service Delivery: to personalize content and experiences on our Services, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences;
- Marketing: to deliver and personalize your notifications, communications, newsletters, advertisements, offers, event notices, and promotions for products and services of Hozzify and our third-party partners;
- Product Improvement, Development, and Research: to develop information to understand you based on demographics, your activity on our Services, responses to surveys, or activity on third-party websites and applications, including for purposes of troubleshooting and improving our Services; to conduct market research and perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of our Services and their purchasing patterns;
- Communications: to send and display administrative communications about Hozzify and our partners and our respective products and services;
- Security of Services: to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that are unauthorized, may violate our terms and policies, or may be illegal, such as fraudulent activity or security violations; and
- Customer Support: to provide customer support and respond to your questions submitted to us.
With the exception of payment information, which is used solely for accounting, billing, order fulfillment, and fraud prevention purposes, all of the categories of information described in Section 2 are used for each of the purposes described above.
For the purposes listed above, we may also link or combine information about you with other personal information we receive from third parties. We also use personal information in settings and for the purposes described below.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries or regions that may not have the same types of data protection laws as those in your country.
- How is your personal information shared?
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- With your consent; for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own purposes, subject to their separate privacy policies
- With third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us and need to access your personal information to do that work, including for business purposes that require access to our systems that hold personal information (such as supplying cloud data storage, maintaining the security of our systems, and providing customer support). In the past 12 months, we have disclosed to vendors all of the categories of personal information described in Section
- If you’ve selected options available through our Services to publicly display your name and/or username and your other information
- If appropriate to (a) comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal processes, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena; (b) protect the rights and property of Hozzify, our agents, our customers, and others, including to enforce our terms, policies, rules, and agreements; (c) protect the safety and security of any person; and/or (d) protect the safety and security of Hozzify and our partners’ Services, websites, and applications
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets for use in accordance with applicable law
- How long do we keep your personal information?
Hozzify keeps your personal information for as long as appropriate to maintain your accounts, to provide Services, to fulfill your requests, for legal compliance and enforcement purposes, and for resolving disputes. Actual retention periods depend on a variety of factors, such as the type of product, the type and sensitivity of the data, business needs, customer expectations and needs, the types of available user controls, and the form in which the data is stored.
- What choices do you have about processing your personal information?
We provide you with various controls over your personal information, for example:
- You can access and update the contact information you gave us during registration by visiting the “My Account” and choose “Account Details” section on hozzify.com.
- You can contact us at [email protected] with requests to delete, access, and update your personal information.
- You can opt out of our promotional emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in those emails.
- You can choose to block and/or remove all cookies and local storage.
- You can also opt out of many of the third-party analytics and advertising cookies
- You can prevent tracking of emails we send you by changing your settings to turn off HTML or disable downloading of images. In addition, you may also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by following the instructions in those emails.
- What steps do we take to safeguard your personal information?
We implement technical, organizational, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and improper use. However, please understand that despite our best efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable.
- Information for individuals
You have the following rights:
- A right to be informed of the ways in which we use your information.
- A right to request from Hozzify access to personal data, including (i) the categories and specific pieces of information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of sources collected, (iii) the purpose for collecting or using the information, and (iv) the third parties with whom we share your personal information; and rectification or deletion/erasure of personal information under certain circumstances and subject to a number of exceptions, and certain rights to data portability.
- A right to object to the processing of your personal data or obtain a restriction of such processing under certain circumstances.
- A right to have your personal data transferred to another organization should it be technically feasible for Hozzify to do so.
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, a right to withdraw consent at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of processing before its withdrawal)
- There may be exceptions to these rights in certain circumstances, and where you cannot exercise a right due to an exception, we will provide that
- How to contact us about your personal information and this Privacy Notice
If you have questions or comments about our data practices or this Privacy Notice, you can contact us or our data protection officer at:
- How will you know if we amend this Privacy Notice?
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by changing the last updated date. If we make material changes to how we collect, use, or share your personal information, we will describe the changes, and, if required by law, seek your consent for such changes.